Churchill College & Sponsorcraft Ltd privacy notice
Churchill College, Cambridge ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us or on our behalf. Certain definitions set out in our Terms and Conditions also apply in this policy. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting chubacker.chu.cam.ac.uk and entering your personal data, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Churchill College, Cambridge, Storeys Way, Cambridge, CB3 0DS.
Questions regarding this policy, or requests of changes in preferences, can be addressed to the Development and Alumni Office, Churchill College, by email (email@example.com) or by telephone (01223 331660).
Data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data from you:
Data you give us
You may give us data about you by filling in forms on our site chubacker.chu.cam.ac.uk (the Site). This includes data you provide when you register to use the Site, participate in discussions on the Site, use the Site's social media functions, pledge sponsorship monies to a Project, register a Project, and when you report a user, Project or a problem with the Site. The data you give us may include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, social media data, pledge data, phone number, personal description, your Gift Aid choices and photograph or avatar. If you wish to alter or remove any of the data you have given us, please log into your account and update your profile, as appropriate.
Data we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following data:
- technical data, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our user service number.
Data we receive from other sources
We may receive data about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide, including publicly available social media data about you. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the Site. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive data about you from them.
Your financial data
No one at Churchill College, nor Hubbub, nor anywhere else other than Stripe, has access to your debit or credit card data.
Uses made of data
We will use data held about you in various ways:
Data you give to us.We will use this data:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- and for any other use deemed to sit within our data protection statement
- to provide you with information for the purposes set out in our Data Protection Statements at www.chu.cam.ac.uk/about/official-documents/data-protection-resources/
- to notify you about changes to our services
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
Data we collect about you We will use this data:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, including (but not limited to) registering to use the Site, posting a Project on the Site, sending messages to other users of the Site, sponsoring a Project, and using social media tools, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure.
Data we receive from other sources.
We may combine this data with your Churchill College alumni record. We may use this data for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your data
In the first instance, your data will be used by staff at the Churchill College Development and Alumni Office.
We may share your data with selected third parties including
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, including Sponsorcraft Limited, which operates the Site and processes your data on our behalf.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation,
- in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Churchill College, our customers, or others.
Use of your data by Third Party Sites connected to services offered on the Site
Where we store your personal data
Churchill College and the Site's associated Data Processor, Sponsorcraft Ltd (Hubbub), will hold and process your data securely in line with the UK and EU's laws related to the storing of personal data. Your data will be treated confidentially and handled with the utmost care and respect and is never passed on to third parties for their uses. The data that we collect from you for processing is stored in Dublin, Ireland, hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS), in line with the EU-approved AWS Data Protection Agreement and Model Clauses.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Rights to be informed and of access
Under the Act you have the right to be told whether data exists about you, and the right to receive the data.
Rights of correction and erasure
Under the Act, you have the right to have your data corrected, updated or erased.
Rights to object to and restrict processing
Under the Act, you have the right to object to Sponsorcraft processing your data. If you do not wish Sponsorcraft Ltd to process your data for the purposes set out above, please do not use the Site and contact the Development and Alumni Office to discuss alternative methods of making a pledge. You also have the right to restrict Sponsorcraft’s processing activities.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact the Development and Alumni Office.